Troy Bank & Trust Debit MasterCard®
Call to report a lost or stolen Debit Card 24 hours a day/7 days a week!
Beginning June 1, 2016, when you receive a new or replacement TB&T Debit Card in the mail, your card will now contain the chip technology.
If you are wondering what that new chip is on your debit card, you are not alone. Paying with a chip card instead of a magnetic stripe card brings added security for your in-store transactions. Chip technology has been implemented in more than 80 countries around the world. At the end of 2014, 3.4 billion chip cards had been issued globally. An estimated 400 million chip cards have been issued in the U.S. as of the end of 2015.
Click here to learn how to earn points with ScoreCard Rewards when you use your Debit MasterCard®
How to Use Your New Chip Card
- Insert the card face up into the dip reader
- The card will remain in the terminal/ATM
- Follow the terminal/ATM prompts
- Sign your receipt or use your PIN
- All transactions will appear on your regular monthly account statement
- Be sure to take your card with you after you have completed the transaction!
The Benefits of Your New Card
Your new chip card can be used to perform all of the usual ATM functions and can be used to make
purchases at millions of merchants worldwide.
Use this excited new card to...
- Make purchases anywhere debit cards are accepted
- Receive cash back above the purchase amount
- Pay for purchases by mail, phone, or Internet
- Make cash withdrawals at ATMs
- Avoid time consuming check approvals
Want to learn more about chip cards?
Below are some links to educational websites and FAQs that provide answers to essential questions, including: What is a chip card and why am I getting one? Why are chip card transactions more secure? How do I use my chip card?
Debit Card & PIN Safety Tips & Links
- Please sign your card upon receipt
- Destroy your old card when it expires or when your new card becomes effective
- Safeguard your Card Number
- Always obtain merchant receipts and destroy carbons
- When using your card at merchant locations, always keep your card in sight
- Memorize your PIN. DO NOT write it on the back of your card or keep it with you
- Never give your PIN to anyone
- Remember to pick up your ATM receipts before leaving the ATM
- Lost or Stolen Credit, ATM or Debit Cards
- Using Your Debit Card Safely
- How Debit Cards Work